TROY, N.Y. – The Endicott field hockey team traveled to Rensselaer (RPI) this afternoon and came away with a 2-1 victory.
The Gulls notched the first goal of the game at the 7:03 mark on a corner opportunity. Madi Wood (Bristol, Vt.) passed to Samantha Crowley (Leicester, Mass.), who took a long shot that sailed into the back of the net.
Just over four minutes later, RPI's Taylor Clink (Binghamton, N.Y.) tied the game at 1-1 during a corner.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Freshman goaltender Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) tallied nine saves during the contest and is now 3-0 on the season.
- Endicott held the slight 11-10 corner opportunity advantage.
- Emylee Wood (Kensington, N.H.) led the Gulls' offense with six shots.
- Endicott outshot RPI, 19-12.
FOR THE FOES
- The Engineers' netminder, Kayla Bell (Winchester, Mass.), recorded ten saves and is now 0-1 on the season.
- Clink led RPI in shots with four.
Endicott (3-0) welcomes MIT to North Field on Tuesday, September 12 for a 7 p.m. matchup. RPI (0-4) hosts Utica College on Wednesday, September 13 at 7 p.m.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)