BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott field hockey team defeated Salve Regina, 3-2, on Saturday afternoon on Senior Day.
Emily Graham (Westford, Mass.) got the scoring started at 24:50 to give the Gulls a 1-0 lead. Olivia Larson (Cheshire, Mass.) brought the ball up the sideline and passed to Graham, who shot into the lower right corner for her first goal of the season.
Just under two minutes later, Brittany Bushey (Pittsford, Vt.) netted her first tally of the season to push the Endicott lead to 2-0.
The Seahawks responded in the second half though, when Ashley Cody (Pawling, N.Y.) scored two goals in a span of five minutes to tie the contest at 2-2.
With time winding down in regulation, the Gulls capitalized on a corner opportunity. Madi Wood (Bristol, Vt.) sent a pass in from the top of the circle to Sophia Cogliano (Saugus, Mass.) at the penalty stroke line. Cogliano then redirected the ball into the back of the net at 58:41 for the eventual game-winner.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Anne-Sophie Rioux (Matane, Quebec) and Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) split time in net for the Gulls. Rioux recorded her first win of the season and made three saves.
- Endicott held the 41-9 shot advantage.
- The Gulls had 14 corner opportunities, while the Seahawks recorded five.
- Cogliano paced the offense with 14 shots.
- Prior to the game, the Gulls honored eight seniors for their hard work and dedication to Endicott. Those seniors were M. Wood, Bushey, Larson, Emylee Wood (Kensington, N.H.), Courtney Brown (Byfield, Mass.), Samantha Crowley (Leicester, Mass.), Emily Hirtle (Rowley, Mass.), and Melanie Kaleta (Bellingham, Mass).
FOR THE FOES
- Jessie Severino (Branford, Conn.) shifted to 9-5 with the loss and recorded 22 saves.
- Ashley Cody led the offense with five shots.
Endicott (12-3, 7-1 CCC) hosts Nichols for a 7 p.m. CCC contest on Tuesday, October 17. Salve Regina (9-5, 6-3 CCC) hosts Roger Williams on Tuesday, October 17 at 6 p.m.