BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team saw 12 student-athletes find the scoring column in an 88-48 conference win over Curry College on Saturday evening at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) led all scorers with 24 points (10-17 FG, 3-8 3PT, 1-3 FT), while Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine) and Jordan Pettway (Bridgeport, Conn.) both notched double-digit scoring efforts with 16 and 12 points, respectively.
Meanwhile, Rob O'Brien (Rindge, N.H.) also contributed eight points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field to go along with three rebounds, one assist, a block, and two steals to highlight the win.
The Gulls outscored Curry 50-18 in the paint (17-6 fast break) and outrebounded their opposition 47-34. Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) did most of the damage on the glass for Endicott with eight rebounds (two offensive) – plus five points scoring – while Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine) also pulled down six caroms, scored three points, and had a block and a steal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott led wire to wire in the contest.
- The Gulls assisted on 17 of their 35 baskets.
- Endicott is 22-13 in the all-time series, and are winners of the last nine meetings between the two programs.
FOR THE FOES
- Justin Kelley (Medford, Mass.) paced the Colonels with 11 points (4-7 FG, 1-1 3PT, 2-2 FT) and four rebounds.
- RJ Hadfield (Warwick, R.I.) collected 10 points (4-9 FG, 2-5 3PT).
- John Coleman (Warwick, R.I.) had four points, a game-high nine rebounds (five offensive), one assist and a block.
Endicott (3-2, 1-1 CCC) hosts the University of New England on Tuesday, December 5 at 5:30 PM. Curry (1-6, 0-2 CCC) travels to Gordon this coming Tuesday for a 5:30 PM tip-off.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)