BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team set four school records in its 115-91 conference victory over the University of New England (UNE) on Tuesday evening at MacDonald Gymnasium.
The Gulls eclipsed program records for points – by three (112 at Castleton, 3/5/14) – and also broke program high-water marks for field goals made (43), three-point field goals made (21), and most assists (34).
Meanwhile, Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine) highlighted Endicott's individual achievements with a career-high 31 points (11-14 FG, 7-9 3PT, 2-3 FT), alongside two rebounds, two blocks, a steal, and an assist.
Tonight's game only featured one tied score (3-3, 18:42, 1st half) and zero lead changes as Endicott controlled play for the entire game despite witnessing the scoreboard light up for a combined 206 points (season-high). The Gulls led by as many as 48 points (15:48, 2nd half) and charged out to a 66-32 lead at the half shooting 64.1% in the opening stanza (58.1% game). Tonight's game featured plenty of scoring on both sides due largely in part to UNE's offensive game plan, which replicated the Grinnell System.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.) nearly posted a triple-double with eight points, 10 rebounds, and six assists.
- Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) had 22 points, seven rebounds, and four assists.
- Joe Del Ricci (Greenville, R.I.), Russell Noonan (Marion, Mass.) and Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) all scored in double-digits tonight (10, 10, 11, respectively). The 10 points for Noonan were a career-high.
- Jordan Pettway (Bridgeport, Conn.) notched six points, eight rebounds, and six assists (career-high).
- Shehadi and Pettway tied for the game-high in assists.
- McDevitt's seven 3-pointers is tied for fifth all-time in a single-game, while his .778 shooting percentage from downtown also is tied for fifth all-time.
- Endicott outscored UNE 35-12 on the fast break.
FOR THE FOES
- Ryan Beatty (Rochester, Mass.) paced the Nor'easters with 19 points (7-9 FG, 5-7 3PT).
- Gavin Dibble (Greenport, N.Y.) added 14 points, while Jordan Bagshaw (Cumberland, Maine) had 13 and Ryan Matthews (Park Ridge, N.J.) finished with 12.
- Dibble also collected a team-high eight rebounds off the glass.
- The Nor'easters bench outscored Endicott, 49-46.
Endicott (4-2, 2-1 CCC) travels to Bridgewater State on Saturday, December 9 at 1 PM. UNE (2-6, 1-2 CCC) hosts Dean this Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)