DUDLEY, Mass. — The Endicott men's basketball team fell to Nichols College, 85-64, on Saturday night in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at the Nichols Athletic Center.
Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) paced the Gulls in the loss with 25 points (8-22 FG, 4-11 3PT, 5-8 FT), a career-high 15 rebounds (seven offensive), four assists, and two steals.
Meanwhile, for Nichols, Deante Bruton (New London, Conn.) led all scorers with 27 points (11-19 FG, 2-7 3PT, 3-4 FT). The Bison also received 22 points from Marcos Echevarria (Lynn, Mass.) and 18 points and 21 rebounds via Matt Morrow (Leicester, Mass.) in the win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The 15 rebounds for Brown rank tied for eighth all-time in a single-game.
- Echevarria became the third student-athlete in Nichols men's basketball program history to reach the 2,000-point for his career with a three-pointer with 1:47 remaining in the first half.
- The Bison used a 16-2 run midway through the first half (10:15 to 4:15, 5:59 elapsed) to build up a 30-15 advantage they never relinquished.
- During that run, Nichols saw six different student-athletes factor into the scoring. Bruton guided the offense during the spurt with six points.
- Nichols outscored Endicott 54-20 in the paint.
Endicott (5-2, 1-1 CCC) hosts Bridgewater State on Saturday, December 8 at 1 PM. Nichols (6-0, 2-0 CCC) travels to Curry College on Tuesday, December 4 at 5:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)