WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Endicott sophomore Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.) registered the second-ever hat trick in program history on Thursday night to lead the No. 8/10 nationally ranked Gulls past Western New England University (WNEU), 9-0.
Day opened the scoring in the first period at the 14:34 mark, and nearly went on to record the program's first natural hat trick with a pair of goals in the second (3:26/8:13), as both strikes bookended a Lloyd Hayes (West Newbury, Mass.) tally at 5:58. The hat trick for Day did mark the first-ever three-goal game by a defenseman, however.
Endicott goaltender Kevin Aldridge (Birmingham, Mich.) stopped 18 shots to post his fourth shutout this season, and seventh of his career. Golden Bears' netminder Kyle Carducci (Hartford, Conn.) had 28 saves in the loss (0-3-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Day finished the night with four points (3 goals, 1 assist), the most ever by a defenseman in a single-game.
- The program's first-ever hat trick – which was notched by Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) – also came in a nine-goal triumph (9-1 vs. Salve Regina on 1/27/17).
- Endicott is 2-0-0 against WNEU this season.
- The Gulls have outscored the Golden Bears, 14-0, in those two meetings.
- Endicott has won six games in a row (all in-conference matchups).
FOR THE FOES
- Kevin Gollmer (Flourtown, Pa.) turned away 26 shots in 29:57 of action off the bench.
- CJ Totillo (Brooklyn, N.Y.) won a game-high 13 faceoffs (13-for-17).
No. 8/10 Endicott (18-3-2, 12-3-1 CCC) hosts Becker College this Saturday in a league matchup at 2:50 PM. Prior to the game, Connor Costello (Nottingham, N.H.) and Cameron Randles (Santa Clarita, Calif.) will be honored as part of a Senior Day ceremony. WNEU (7-14-2, 4-11-1 CCC) visits Salve Regina University for a conference tilt on Saturday at 2:40 PM.