WORCESTER, Mass. – Behind a hat trick from junior forward Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), the No. 13/14 nationally ranked Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Becker, 9-1, on Saturday night at the Worcester Ice Arena.
Tonight's win completed the home-and-home series sweep against the Hawks for Endicott, as the Gulls outscored their opposition 21-3 in the pair of contests.
Along with goals from Olsson, Endicott also received tallies from Thomas Daniels (St. Louis, Mo.), Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), Luke Rodgers (Clarkston, Mich.), Jack Musil (Hull, England), and Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel, Park, Pa.). Kucerovy led the aforementioned group with two tallies, while Daniels, Bowes, Rodgers, and Musil all found the back of the net once, respectively.
Meanwhile, Endicott starting netminder Justin Ketola (Esko, Minn.) made 12 saves in net to move to 2-0-0 on the season. Backup Kyle Thibodeaux (Glastonbury, Conn.) also stopped five shots in one period of action (third).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 6-0-0 all-time against Becker.
- The Gulls are 2-0-0 on the road this season.
- Olsson also dished out one assist to finish with four points on the night. It marks the fourth time in his career he has registered a four-point game.
FOR THE FOES
- MacGregor Howey (Grosse Ile, Mich.) broke open the shutout at the 16;36 mark of the second period to make it a 5-1 game at the time.
- Alex Kielczewski (Grand Prairie, Texas) assisted on the tally.
- Ryan Clifford (Coventry, R.I.) had 31 saves in the loss (0-1-1).
No. 13/14 Endicott (4-1-0, 4-0-0 CCC) travels to Curry on Friday, November 17 for a league matchup at 6:50 PM. Becker (2-3-1, 1-3-0 CCC) hosts Johnson & Wales University on Thursday, November 16 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Allison Moore)