BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 8/9 nationally ranked Endicott men's ice hockey team produced a 9-2 conference victory over Western New England University on Saturday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Endicott showcased seven different scorers on the night including Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.) and Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.), who both scored twice, along with solo tallies from Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.), Luke Rodgers (Clarkston, Mich.), Anthony Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.), Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), and John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.).
The Gulls went up 5-0 after the first period, and added two more goals in the second before Western New England finally found the scoreboard at the 17:37 mark of the period, but by then Endicott had virtually put the game on ice.
Meanwhile, in goal, Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) stopped 24 shots to improve to 5-1-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is outscoring opponents 30-5 on the second night of home-and-home series this year.
- The Gulls outshot Western New England 50-26.
- Carricato won a team-high 11 faceoffs.
- Ryan Dougherty (Sterling Heights, Mich.) blocked a team-high two shots (eight total for the team) and also had two assists.
FOR THE FOES
- David DiSchiavi (Etobicoke, Ont.) scored at the 17:37 mark of the second period on assists by Tyler Hines (North Haven, Conn.) and Joe Mazza (East Longmeadow, Mass.).
- Adamo Giacomin (Richmond Hill, Ont.) had the only other goal for the Golden Bears from the right point at the 10:14 mark of the third. He was assisted by Matt O'Dea (Orland Park, Ill.).
- Kevin Gollmer (Flourtown, Pa.) had five saves in the loss (3-7-1 record, three goals against in 3:46).
- Kyle Carducci (Hartford, Conn.) made 36 saves in 56:14 of action off the bench.
No. 8/9 Endicott (9-1-0, 8-0-0 CCC) hosts Johnson & Wales University on Friday, December 8 at 7 PM. Western New England (4-7-1, 1-6-1 CCC) travels to the University of New England next Friday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)