BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team hosted Wentworth for a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) contest and came away with a hard-fought 5-4 victory.
The Gulls opened the first period with a goal from James Winkler (York, Maine) just 35 seconds into the game. Wentworth responded with two tallies to take the 2-1 advantage but Endicott's Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) found the back of the net with 50 seconds remaining in the frame to tie the game at 2-2.
The second period was much like the first as both teams scored twice to once again have a knotted score. Both of Endicott's second-period goals came from Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), while the Leopards saw tallies from Georgy Gorodetsky (Yekaterinburg, Russia) and Jake McKenelley (Middleton, Mass.).
Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) recorded 30 saves between the pipes for the Gulls and improves to 3-0-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott leads the all-time series with a 7-1-0 record against the Leopards.
- Besinger finished the night with a team-leading three assists. Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.) was credited with two assists, while Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.), Ryan Dougherty (Sterling Heights, Mich.), Horwitz, and Luhman each had one.
- The Gulls held a 46-34 shot advantage throughout the contest.
- Endicott was 1-for-3 on the power play, while Wentworth was 2-for-5.
- Bowes' goal (19:10, 2nd) came shorthanded and was his seventh career shorthanded tally.
Endicott (5-3-1, 4-3-0 CCC) travels to the University of New England on Saturday, Dec. 1 for a 7 PM CCC contest. Wentworth (3-5-4, 3-3-1 CCC) hosts Curry at 5 PM on Saturday, Dec. 1.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)