BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team saw its second half rally fall short against Springfield College in an eventual 11-6 loss to the Pride on a chilly Sunday afternoon at Hempstead Stadium.
Trailing 7-1 at the half, Endicott pulled within four (8-4) after Shane Hughes (York Beach, Maine), Teddy Hannon (Duxbury, Mass.), and Cam Goodrich (Raynham, Mass.) buried goals for the Gulls during a 3-1 run, but Springfield responded with three straight of its own (11:34-5:48) to close out the victory.
Endicott's offense featured six different scorers including Luke Wallahan (Pleasant Hill, Calif.), Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.), Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.), and the aforementioned Hughes, Hannon, and Goodrich.
Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.) dominated the face-off X going 17-for-21. He also scooped up a game-high 16 ground balls.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott holds an 8-5 advantage in the all-time series despite today's loss.
- Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) dished out a team-high two assists including a behind-the-back setup to Faucher for Endicott's first goal of the game at 6:31 of the second quarter (5-1).
- Carter Glenn (Underhill, Vt.), Bryan McManus (Madison, Conn.), and Goodrich were also credited with assists.
- McManus and Hayden Souza (West Hartford, Conn.) tied for the team lead in caused turnovers with two each.
FOR THE FOES
- Jack Vail (Franklin, Mass.) paced all scorers with four goals and one assist for five points.
- Dom Abate (Beverly, Mass.) finished with two goals and one assist.
- Brendan Boss (West Springfield, Mass.) also found the back of the net twice, while Tom Hurley (Goffstown, N.H.), Tim Cozens (Ridgefield, Conn.), and Ty Daugstrup (Rocky River, Ohio) ripped home solo tallies.
- Jake Reynolds (Scituate, Mass.) stopped a career-high (tied) 21 shots in goal for the Pride.
Endicott (0-5) travels to Amherst on Wednesday, March 22 for a non-conference matchup at 6 PM. Springfield (3-1) visits crosstown rival Western New England University on Saturday, March 25 at 1 PM.