BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's soccer team battled to a 0-0 double overtime draw with Gordon in Hempstead Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Both teams had several strong offensive pushes throughout the game but goaltenders, Will Manuel (Mount Pleasant, S.C.) and Wesley Sprague (Naperville, Ill.) were both able to come up with key saves to keep the game tied through regulation.
Each team saw scoring opportunities in the overtimes, with Endicott's closest chance being off the foot of Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) at the 101:12 mark. E. Couchot sent a long, high shot that ended up hitting the crossbar and bouncing back into play where the Fighting Scots were able to clear.
Neither team was able to find the back of the net after 110 minutes of play so the contest ended in a draw.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Manuel made two saves to shift to 3-1-3 on the year.
- The Gulls held the 20-12 shot advantage.
- Endicott and Gordon each recorded five corner opportunities.
- E. Couchot paced the offense with six shots.
FOR THE FOES
- Sprague shifted to 7-4-1 on the season with the tie and recorded four saves.
- Ian Burkhart (Lancaster, Pa.) led the offense with four shots, while Josh Cochran (Bellville, Ohio) was close behind with three.
Endicott (6-2-3, 2-0-2) hosts Nichols on Tuesday, October 10 for Senior Night at 7 PM. Gordon (7-4-1, 2-1-1) travels to the University of New England for a 6:30 p.m. contest on Tuesday, October 10.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)