AMHERST, Mass. – The Endicott men's soccer team finished their season with a 1-0 loss to Springfield in the first round of the NCAA Division III men's soccer tournament on Saturday afternoon.
The Gulls had several good looks on net in the first half but the game remained knotted at zero by halftime.
Springfield's Danny Murphy (Old Saybrook, Conn.) scored the eventual game winner at the 49:45 mark.
Endicott continued to pressure offensively but were not able to find the equalizer as time wound down.
The Gulls finish the season with an overall record of 13-5-3 and a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) record of 6-1-2. The team also made history by claiming the program's first-ever CCC title.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Camden Stockdale (Durham, Conn.) shifted to 3-2-0 on the season and recorded six saves.
- Endicott held a slight 12-11 shot advantage throughout the contest.
- Both teams recorded four corner kicks.
- Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) paced the offense with three shots, while Diego Maillo (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Dario Neukom (Palma de Mallorca, Spain) were close behind with two each.
FOR THE FOES
- Stewart Frank (Pittsford, N.Y.) improved to 13-1-2 on the season and made three saves.
- Murphy led the offense with three shots.
Endicott (13-5-3) finishes its season with the loss. Springfield (15-1-2) advances to the second round of the NCAA tournament.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)