BEVERLY, Mass. – The College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District™ Men's Soccer Teams were announced on Thursday afternoon, and Endicott men's soccer student-athlete Evan Couchot (Mason, Ohio) was named to the NCAA Division III District 1 First Team.
The District 1 team includes all schools in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The CoSIDA Academic All-District™ Teams recognize the top student-athletes for their combined performances athletically and in the classroom.
Couchot is a biology & biotechnology major with a 3.61 GPA and was also named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District™ First Team in 2017. He has been on the Dean's List multiple times while at Endicott and is involved with the Endicott Scholars Program.
On the pitch, Couchot appeared and started in 17 contests for the Gulls. He led the team in goals (15) and points (31) throughout the year and also became the program's all-time leading career goal scorer when he broke the previous record of 24 earlier in the season.
A full breakdown of Couchot's academic and athletic awards can be found below.
- CoSIDA Academic All-District™ First Team (2017, 2018)
- 2017 CCC Academic All-Conference
- 2017 Spring Dean's List
- 2016 Fall Dean's List
- Principal's Award
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from William Mason
- 2018 All-CCC First Team
- 2017 New England Soccer Journal Best XI's Second Team
- 2017 United Coaches NCAA Division III All-New England Third Team
- 2017 All-CCC First Team
- 2016 CCC Rookie of the Year
- 2016 All-CCC Second Team
- CCC Offensive Player of the Week (10/24/16, 10/30/17, 10/9/18)
- 3x CCC Rookie of the Week (09/19/16, 10/24/16, 10/31/16)
- 2016 North Shore Invitational All-Tournament Team
- D1 GMC
- First Team All-Conference
- Second Team All-Conference
- All-Southwest Ohio
- Nominated for Best Play by Mason ESPYs
- Cincinnati Enquirer Second Team All-City
CoSIDA Academic All-District Program Requirements
The CoSIDA Academic All-District™ program recognizes the nation's top student-athletes for their combined academic and athletic performances.
All First Team Academic All-District winners, which includes eight districts total, move to the national ballot and are then voted upon to the national team by members of CoSIDA's Academic All-America Committee.
To be eligible, a student-athlete must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.30 on a scale of 4.00, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standing at his current institution and be nominated by his sports information director.
Since the program's inception in 1952, CoSIDA has bestowed Academic All-America honors on more than 15,000 student-athletes in Divisions I, II, III, and NAIA, covering all NCAA championship sports.
For more information about the Academic All-District™ Teams program, please visit www.cosida.com.