UNION, N.J. – In their final match of the Kean Winter Classic, the Endicott men's volleyball team fell to Hunter College, 3-1, by scores of 25-16, 25-20, 22-25, and 25-23 on Friday afternoon at Harwood Arena on the campus of Kean University.
Daniel Toth (Glenwood, N.J.) led the Gulls' attack with a team-high 15 kills on 26 swings (.423 hitting percentage) to go along with three digs, and six blocks (one solo, five assisted). Troy Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) also turned in eight kills and 11 digs, while Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) had seven putaways, 10 digs, and two block assists.
Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.) ran the offense and compiled his third career double-double on a season-high 38 assists and 11 digs. Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) rounded out the list of highlights for Endicott with five kills, two digs, and one block assist.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lipton was named to the Kean Winter Classic All-Tournament Team, as the freshman registered 25 kills, 19 digs and five blocks (all assisted) in three matches played.
- Today's match was the first meeting between the two programs since 2010.
- The match featured 15 tied scores and four lead changes – including six ties and two lead changes in set two.
- Endicott notched a match-high and season-high 13 blocks (two solo, 22 assisted) in the loss.
FOR THE FOES
- Ben Crusinberry (Lincoln, Neb.) paced the Hawks with a match-high 19 kills on 44 swings (.341), nine digs, and two blocks (one solo).
- Michael Jazgarski (Woodhaven, N.Y.) compiled 12 kills, while Brandon Kohler (Westlake Village, Calif.) tallied 11 kills (.364).
- Nicolas Sanchez (New York, N.Y.) facilitated the offense with a match-high 47 assists, and Joseph Muir (Encino, Calif.) collected 20 digs and five assists.
- Hunter also registered 62 digs as a team, as six of its student-athletes registered five or more in the win.
Endicott (1-2) takes on No. 1 nationally ranked Springfield and No. 15 Rivier on Saturday, January 21 at 6:00 and 8:30 PM, respectively. Hunter (2-0) takes on Benedictine University in its final match of the Kean Winter Classic at 1 PM today.