BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball team swept Emmanuel College, 3-0, by scores of 25-16, 25-14, and 25-18 on Wednesday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Endicott freshman Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) notched a match-high 10 kills (.286), compiled eight digs, and also went 15-for-15 on serve-receive to highlight the Gulls' play on the night. Classmate Tim Fieseler (Bridgewater, N.J.) added eight kills on 12 swings (.583), and Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) had seven putaways and two block assists.
Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) and Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) both ran the offense with 12 assists each, while Ryan Healy (Fair Lawn, N.J.) stood out defensively, matching Lipton with eight digs on the night.
As a team, Endicott hit .386 (37 kills, 10 errors, 70 attempts), collected 36 digs, went .974 on serve-receive, and limited the Saints to a .074 hitting percentage (23 kills, 17 errors, 81 attempts).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 15-7 in the all-time series versus Emmanuel.
- The Gulls have also won the last three matches versus the Saints.
- Tonight's match featured only five ties in the first two sets, before the teams played through 9 tied scores and five lead changes in set three.
FOR THE FOES
- Erik English (Simi Valley, Calif.) tallied a team-high seven kills on 23 swings (.174).
- Seamus McDonagh (Long Beach, N.Y.) registered a match-high 18 assists.
- Manuel Velez (San Jose, Costa Rica), Kevin Orsley (San Jose, Calif.), and Max Gottuso (Long Beach, N.Y.) aided the offense with three kills apiece.
- Elijah Parks (Long Beach, N.Y.) finished with a team-high seven digs on the night.
Endicott (5-8) travels to Eastern Nazarene this Saturday for its first conference match of the season at 1 PM. Emmanuel (2-5) will take on St. Joseph's (L.I.) and Hunter College in a tri-match this weekend in New York, N.Y. at 12 PM and 2 PM, respectively.