BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's volleyball swept GNAC rival Lasell in straight sets, 3-0, on Thursday night behind strong offensives performance from junior opposite Jeremy Doski (Sandy Hook, Conn.) and freshman middle Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, N.H.) inside MacDonald Gymnasium.
Doski totaled eight kills on 11 swings for a .636 hitting percentage while Felicetti had five errorless swings and four kills in total to lead Endicott past the Lasers. Both players came off the bench to help the Gulls hit .284 as a team in the three-set victory.
Starting outside hitter and senior Troy Riorden matched Doski with a match-high eight kills while fellow outside, sophomore Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.), had five kills in the win. Both Riorden and Lipton were contributors in the defensive end as well with nine and eight digs, respectively.
Endicott's setters were effective as well with junior Adam Dake (Victor, N.Y.) and sophomore Chad Riorden (Fairport, N.Y.) splitting with the duties with 13 and 12 assists apiece. Junior setter Devin Racey (Voorheesville, N.Y.) also contributed with five assists in time off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott to 22-5 all-time against Lasell, breaking a streak of five straight wins by the Lasers dating back to the 2015 season
- Felicetti continued to be an efficient hitter in his rookie campaign as he has only committed two errors on the season with a .487 hitting percentage. He had zero errors tonight.
- Junior libero Ryan Healey (Fair Lawn, N.J.) led the team with 13 digs, his fourth straight match with double-digit digs
- Junior middles Seth Braquet (Destrehan, La.) and Jacob Newman (Chester, N.H.) both showed a presence on the block with two total blocks each
- Sophomore opposite Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) had a solid match with four kills and two block assists in the victory
FOR THE FOES
- Lasell junior Jordan Aprea (Newington, Conn.) switched out of his libero jersey in the third set and finished the match with a team-high six kills
- Aprea also had seven digs and two block assists in the loss
- Junior setter Andy Henriquez (Lawrence, Mass.) dished out 18 assists and had four digs
- Junior Nathan Gallo (North Providence, R.I.) matched Aprea with a team-high seven digs
Endicott (8-1) travels to GNAC opponent Emerson on Tuesday, February 13 for a 7:00 PM match before kicking off NECC play. Lasell looks to rebound from their third straight loss next weekend with a four-set slate at the Golden Flyer Invitational in Rochester, N.Y. when they will take on St. John Fisher and Medaille on Friday, February 16.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)