BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team defeated Curry, 58-52, tonight in MacDonald Gymnasium.
The game was close for the opening two quarters, but the Gulls went into halftime with a 35-30 lead.
Curry attempted a rally late in the third quarter and came within two points twice, but Endicott was able to hold onto the lead and eventually extend it to 49-40 by the end of the third.
The Gulls continued to hold the upper hand as they went onto a 58-52 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Also tallying points for the Gulls on the night were Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.), Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.), Emma Tierney (Wolfeboro, N.H.), Gabriella Coppola (Watertown, Mass.), Catie Lipscomb (West Springfield, Mass.) and Sam Charette (Wenham, Mass.).
- Putnam led the team in assists with four.
- Coppola and Pratt each had three steals on the night.
- Putnam, Pratt, and Tierney led the team in blocks with three each.
- The Gulls held the 46-30 rebound advantage over the Colonels.
- Endicott's bench recorded 12 points to Curry's two.
- The Gulls also recorded 12 points on second chances, while the Colonels only had two.
FOR THE FOES
- Emily Irwin (Billerica, Mass.) led the team in points (17), steals (10), and assists (5).
- Gina Coote (Dedham, Mass.) pulled down a team-high eight rebounds throughout the contest.
- Molly Plunket (Quincy, Mass.) and Sam Bamford (Easton, Mass.) each contributed 11 points.
- The Colonels tallied 28 total points in the paint.
Endicott (4-1, 2-0 CCC) hosts the University of New England at 7:30 p.m on Tuesday, Dec. 5.
Curry (4-4, 1-1 CCC) travels to Gordon on Tuesday, Dec. 5 for a 7:30 p.m. game.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)