NEWPORT, R.I. – The Endicott women's basketball team was defeated, 64-56, by Salve Regina on Tuesday evening.
The Gulls took an early 6-0 lead in the opening minutes of the game, but the Seahawks were able to close the gap and eventually take a 19-17 lead by the end of the first quarter.
Salve Regina built its lead throughout the second quarter and headed into halftime up 39-30.
Endicott continued to battle during the third and fourth quarters and came within four points with just over one minute remaining to be played in regulation. The Seahawks were able to hold on to secure the 64-56 win though.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Two other Endicott student-athletes finished with double-digit points: Cassandra Stapelfeld (Brookline, N.H.) had 14 points, while Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) was close behind with 10.
- Kiernan, Lipscomb, and Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) led the team in steals with two each.
FOR THE FOES
- Torie Scorpio (Cranston, R.I.) recorded 23 points to lead the Seahawks.
- Mary Eden (South Kingstown, R.I) pulled down five rebounds for Salve Regina.
- Ally Esielionis (Shirley, Mass.) had a team-high three blocks.
- The Seahawks held a slight 30-29 rebound advantage.
Endicott (7-7, 5-3 CCC) travels to Eastern Nazarene on Thursday, Jan. 18 at 4:30 p.m. Salve Regina (8-7, 5-4 CCC) hosts Wentworth for a 1:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, Jan. 20.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)