BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott women's basketball team opened Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play with an 84-65 victory over Curry College on Wednesday evening.
The Colonels jumped out to a 6-0 lead before the Gulls tied it up with two three-pointers. Curry regained the advantage to take a 22-15 lead after the first quarter.
Endicott continued to battle in the second quarter to bring the game within three points at the half (42-39, Curry).
The third quarter saw several ties and lead changes but ultimately the Gulls gained the lead at the 4:53 mark and never looked back. Endicott added to its advantage throughout the remainder contest to secure the 84-65 win.
Emily Pratt (Gardner, Mass.) recorded a career-high 33 points which also broke the program single-game point record that was previously held by Ashley Wright '11 and Hannah Shaw '18 (31 points).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Pratt is the 24th student-athlete in Division III to score 33 or more points in a single game this season.
- Shannon Gilbert and Lexi Gellerman (West Hartford, Conn.) both scored 15 points throughout the game.
- Mikaela Rogers (Haverhill, Mass.) pulled down a team-leading 11 rebounds.
- Kaleigh Putnam (Wallingford, Conn.) dished out seven assists and also had three blocks.
- Endicott held a 49-35 rebound advantage.
- Peyton Perine (Fairfax, Va.) led the Colonels with 19 points, while Emily Irwin (Billerica, Mass.) was close behind with 17.
- Irwin also led the team in rebounds (11), steals (9), and assists (9).
Endicott (3-2, 1-0 CCC) travels to Nichols on Saturday, Dec. 1 at 4 PM. Curry (2-4, 0-1 CCC) travels to Gordon for a 1 PM tipoff on Saturday, Dec. 1.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)