MARLBORO, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team turned in a 5-1 victory over conference foe Becker College on Sunday night to remain undefeated on the season at 5-0-0 overall (4-0-0 CHC).
Becker struck first in the contest with a goal from Catherine McShera (Marston Mills, Mass.) just 2:09 into the action, but it was all Endicott after that as the Gulls responded with two tallies later in the period, and never looked back.
Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) paced Endicott in the scoring department with two markers, all in the second period, while Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) and Allison Young (Cumberland, R.I.) both found the back of the net in order at 12:39 and 19:20, respectively, in the first. Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) capped the scoring with her team-leading fourth goal of the season at the 2:48 mark of the third.
Endicott goaltender Kyra Johansson (Buffalo, N.Y.) recorded seven saves to win her first collegiate start (1-0-0), while Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo.) had 32 saves in the loss (1-2-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-0-0 in the all-time series against Becker.
- The Gulls have outscored the Hawks by a 13-2 margin in all four matchups, combined.
- Layo ranks second on the team with three goals this season.
- Young recorded her third career game-winning goal in today's victory.
FOR THE FOES
- McShera scored her first goal of the season in tonight's loss.
- Madison Rigsby (O'Fallon, Mo.) stopped five shots in a backup role for the Hawks over 4:25 of playing time.
Endicott (5-0-0, 4-0-0 CHC) travels to Stevenson University next weekend for a pair of games against the Mustangs in Reisterstown, Maryland. Game one will be played on Friday, November 18 at 4 PM, while game two will take place on Saturday at 3:30 PM. Becker (1-5-0, 0-4-0 CHC) hosts Johnson & Wales University next Friday at 7:20 PM.