BEVERLY, Mass. – Endicott sophomore Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia) scored twice to lead the Gulls past Nichols College, 5-0, on Saturday night at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Freshman forward Emma McDowell (Alexandria, Va.) was credited with the game-winning goal at 10:58 of the first period, while Madison Huber (Pittsburgh, Pa.) and Maggie Layo (Sandwich, Mass.) both found the back of the net, as well, in the win (10-0-1).
Endicott freshman netminder Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) stopped 12 shots to push her record to 3-0-0 on the season. Peterson has not allowed a goal in 179:51 of action, and recorded 59 saves, for the Gulls this season.
Nichols' sophomore goaltender Cassandra Goyette (Norton, Mass.) notched a season-high 47 saves in the loss (0-4-1).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 2-1-0 in the all-time series versus Nichols.
- Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) dished out a single-game program record three assists. Meier helped set up both of Perry's goals, and also Huber's first career tally at 13:32 of the second.
- Meier's three points also tied the single-game program record.
- Perry compiled her second multi-goal game of the season in tonight's win.
- The Gulls are 10-3-4 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena in program history (5-0-1 in 2016-17).
- McDowell's goal at 10:58 of the opening period was the first of her career.
FOR THE FOES
- Samantha DiReda (Shrewsbury, Mass.) won a game-high 12 faceoffs.
- MacKenzie Lyons (Scottsdale, Ariz.) blocked a game-high six shots.
- Goyette made 17 saves in the first, and 15 saves in the second and third periods, respectively.
Endicott (10-0-1) hosts Colby College on Tuesday, January 3 at 7 PM. Nichols (0-10-1) travels to Wesleyan on Monday, January 2 at 7 PM.