BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 9 Endicott women's ice hockey team defeated Johnson & Wales University, 4-1, in a conference matchup on Saturday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.), Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada), Maeve Moynihan (West Roxbury, Mass.) and Dynnea Bezona (Fairbanks, Alaska) all tallied goals in the win. Perry's goal at 12:14 of the first period served as the game-winner (2-0 lead), while Moynihan's first career collegiate tally at 12:36 of the second period highlighted the four-goal outburst for the Gulls.
Junior netminder Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) also stopped 20 shots to improve her record to 3-0-1 on the year and 30-9-6 in her career (45 games played).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 5-0-1 in the all-time series against Johnson & Wales.
- Junior defensemen Ellen Carter (Roseville, Minn.) recorded her second multi-point game of the season by dishing out assists on Gibbs (6:08, 1st period) and Perry's goals (12:14, 2nd period). She also blocked two shots in the contest.
- Bezona won a team-high six faceoffs.
- Lauren Ferraiuolo (North Haven, Conn.) finished with a game-high plus-three rating.
FOR JOHNSON & WALES
- Drea Westgaard (Elk River, Minn.) broke up the shutout at the 17:24 mark of the third with a wrister from the slot on feeds from Hannah Tracy (Hanson, Mass.) and Taylor Davis (Windsor, N.Y.).
- It was Westgaard's team-leading fourth goal of the season.
- Kami Weiner (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) made a game-high 49 saves in the loss (0-5-1).
No. 9 Endicott (4-0-1, 3-0-1 CHC) hosts Nichols on Friday, November 17 at 7 PM. Johnson & Wales (0-5-1, 0-3-1 CHC) travels to Becker on Saturday, November 18 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Allison Moore)