TICKET PRICES: $5 Adults | $3 Seniors, non-Endicott students, ages 12 and under | EC students free (w/ ID)
BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team is set to host Rochester (N.Y.) on Saturday, September 14 at 12 PM. Here's a preview of this week's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Saturday's matchup will be the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
- Chad Martinovich is just the fourth head coach in the last 31 years of the Rochester football program, which originally dates back to 1889. His name should sound familiar to Endicott fans as Martinovich served as the head coach at MIT from 2009 to 2017. Martinovich went 2-6 overall against the Gulls during that span.
- The Yellowjackets have posted a 14-32 overall record in their last five seasons (not counting the 2019 season, 0-1 overall, 37-6 loss to Case Western Reserve University).
- Endicott's 55-point-effort last week against Framingham State ranks as the seventh-highest single-game output in program history and also the most points ever scored in a season opener.
- With a win on Saturday, the Gulls will have their first 2-0 start to a season since 2012 (Framingham State, 34-7 | Castleton State, 66-14).
Endicott (1-0) hosts No. 22 nationally ranked Wesley (ranking as of 9/12/19) on Saturday, September 21 at 12 PM. Rochester (0-1) welcomes Alfred State to its campus next Saturday for a 12 PM kick-off.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)