BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott football team (3-1) will hit the road for the first time this season on Saturday, October 5 when the Gulls travel to Salve Regina University (1-3) for a 12 PM conference matchup. Here's a preview of Saturday's game.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Salve Regina's slow start to the 2019 season mirrors last year's September woes, which featured a 2-3 record for the Seahawks. However, from October on, last year, Salve Regina rattled off five straight wins until its 34-19 loss to Bridgewater State University in the New England Bowl to finish the year at 7-4 overall.
- The Seahawks are coming off of a 25-15 loss to Nichols College last week. The win for the Bison was their first over Salve Regina since 2009.
- Arguably the best running back in the league, sophomore Joey Mauriello (Colts Neck, N.J.) enters Saturday's matchup first in the conference in the following categories: yards (454), yards per game (113.5), and touchdowns (6). He also is ranked second in yards per rush (6.4) and third in rushes (71).
- Endicott checks into Saturday's matchup nationally ranked in the top-75 in several categories among its other NCAA Division III peers. Those stats include: 4th down conversion percentage (54th, .600), 4th down conversion percentage defense (61st, .333), blocked kicks (1st, 6), blocked punts (1st, 3), blocked punts allowed (1st, 0), completion percentage (7th, .712), defensive TDs (5th, 2), first downs offense (71st, 72), fumbles lost (40th, 1), fumbles recovered (62nd, 3), net punting (12th, 38.70), passes intercepted (10th, 7), punt return defense (70th, 4.33), punt returns (16th, 17.33), red zone defense (55th, .615), red zone offense (39th, .882), sacks allowed (44th, 1.00), scoring defense (50th, 15.5), scoring offense (31st, 39.5), team passing efficiency (27th, 166.84), turnover margin (20th, 1.75), turnovers gained (16th, 10), and turnovers lost (29th, 3).
- The all-time series is tied at 8-8 entering Saturday's contest.
Endicott (3-1, 1-0 CCC Football) hosts Curry on Saturday, October 19 at 12 PM. Salve Regina (1-3, 0-1 CCC Football) visits Western New England on Saturday, October 19 at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - Chris Lyons '22)