BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team (6-1, 4-0 CCC Football) will travel to conference rival Western New England University (6-1, 4-0 CCC Football) on Saturday at 1 PM. Here's a preview of this weekend's conference matchup.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The all-time series between Endicott and Western New England is tied at 8-8 headed into Saturday's tilt.
- Endicott and Western New England rank first and second in the conference in points per game (PPG). The Gulls are averaging 41.4 points PPG (290 total), while the Golden Bears are averaging 40.6 PPG (284).
- Meanwhile, defensively, Endicott is positioned first in the conference in points per game allowed (19.4) and Western New England is situated fifth overall (32.3).
- The Golden Bears only loss this season came at the hands of NCAA Division I FCS program Stetson University, 59-28, on September 21. In every other contest, Western New England has scored at least 30 points in every win this season, which includes a high of 56 points versus Westfield State on September 13.
- Golden Bears' junior wide receiver Steven Fedorchak (Guilderland, N.Y.) leads the conference in yards (751), yards per game (125.2), yards per catch (22.1), and touchdowns (8). He also is ninth in receptions with 34 total.
Endicott will host the University of New England (UNE) on Saturday, November 9 at 12 PM. Saturday's contest against UNE will serve as Senior Day for the program. Western New England visits Becker next Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)