BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team (7-2, 5-1 CCC Football) will take to the road for its 2019 regular season finale against Nichols College (6-3, 4-2 CCC Football) this Saturday at 12 PM. Here's a preview of the matchup.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott holds a 14-2 advantage in the all-time series over Nichols. Entering Saturday's tilt, the Gulls have won 11 in a row versus the Bison.
- Nichols has been better on the road (4-1) this season rather than at home (2-2). Wins at home for the Bison include Salve Regina (Score: 25-15, Date: 9/28) and Becker (Score: 40-17, Date: 10/9), while their losses came against Coast Guard (Score: 24-23 OT, Date: 9/13) and Husson (Score: 31-7, Date: 11/2). Meanwhile, the Gulls are 3-0 against common opponents in that grouping of teams.
- Endicott is ranked No. 10 in the latest NCAA Division III Regional Rankings, as of 11/10/19.
- Nichols senior quarterback Michael Pina (Brockton, Mass.) was recently named the Commonwealth Coast Football (CCC Football) Offensive Player of the Week. Pina led the Bison to a 56-42 victory over Curry as he compiled six touchdowns, four through the air and two on the ground. Overall, this season, Pina ranks third in yards (2,319) and completions (204), fourth in yards per game (257.7), completion percentage (61.1), and passing touchdowns (20) among all CCC Football quarterbacks.
- Saturday's matchup will feature the No. 1 ranked (Endicott) and No. 3 ranked (Nichols) offenses in the conference. The Gulls are averaging 41.1 points per game (370 total), while the Bison are averaging 32.8 points per game (295 total).
Both teams will await the announcement of their potential postseason fates next week.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)