BEVERLY, Mass. – Behind a seven-RBI performance from sophomore designated hitter Nickolas Perkins (Nashua, N.H.), the Endicott baseball team defeated Suffolk University, 12-11, on Wednesday evening in non-conference action at North Field.
Perkins' career day included a run-producing single in the first, a two-run single in the second, and a towering grand slam in the sixth that struck the Post Center building that is situated well beyond the right-center field fence. Perkins finished the contest going 3-for-5 with one run scored, in addition to his seven RBI.
Meanwhile, Endicott freshman reliever Nicholas Borkowski (Southington, Conn.) earned his first career win on 1 1/3 innings pitched, one hit, a run (earned), one walk, and a strikeout. Will Bryant (Cumberland, Maine) also picked up his second save of the season by navigating through a one-out, bases loaded situation in the ninth with the score positioned at 12-8, at the time.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Perkins fell one RBI shy of tying Anthony Serina's '17 (Portsmouth, R.I.) program record of eight set back on May 5, 2016, against Gordon.
- Endicott has won three out of their last five games headed into Saturday's matchup at Wentworth.
- The Gulls are now 17-11 against Suffolk all-time.
- Joseph Brown (Poultney, Vt.) got the start for the Gulls striking out two in three innings of work.
- Endicott's 1-4 hitters went 10-for-18 with nine runs scored and 10 RBI.
Endicott (11-8) travels to Wentworth on Saturday, April 6 for a doubleheader starting at 12:00 PM. Suffolk (13-8-1) hosts Nichols Thursday, April 4 at 4:00 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)