BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott baseball team jumped out an early lead and never looked back as it went on to a decisive 13-2 (7 innings) victory over Gordon College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action on Friday afternoon at North Field.
The Gulls scored at least one run in all six of their at-bats with a run in both the first and fourth innings, two runs during the second, third, and sixth innings and five runs in the fifth.
Gordon saw two runs in the top of the fifth after taking advantage of several walks but was held scoreless the rest of the way.
Overall, Endicott exploded for 14 hits throughout the contest.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is now 35-11 all-time against the Fighting Scots.
- Joseph Brown (Poultney, Vt.) got the start on the mound for the Gulls (4.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO).
- Alexander Mandrus (Acton, Mass.) was credited with the win for Endicott and Nicholas Borkowski (Southington, Conn.) finished out the final two innings with three strikeouts.
- Mark Gadaleta (Chappaqua, N.Y.) shifted to 0-4 on the season with the loss in one inning pitched.
- Also seeing time on the hill for Gordon were Garrett Poole (Rindge, N.H.), Evan Paquette (Biddeford, Maine), and Ethan Varricchione (Manassas, Va.).
- Leading the Gulls offensively throughout the game were Matt Bald (De Pere, Wisc.), who went 4-for-4 at the plate with four RBI and a triple, and Christian Allaire (Sandown, N.H.), who went 2-for-2 with one RBI, two walks, and two stolen bases.
- Kyle Brennan (Wallingford, Conn.) finished the contest with three RBI and a triple.
Endicott (16-9, 6-1 CCC) travels to Salve Regina for a CCC doubleheader starting at 12 PM on Saturday, April 13. Gordon (5-22, 0-6 CCC) welcomes Curry on Saturday, April 13 for a 12 PM doubleheader.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)