BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott baseball team posted a 7-0 non-conference victory over Tufts University on Wednesday evening at North Field.
Endicott starter Kyle Wollman (East Berlin, Conn.) earned the win (2-1) on seven shutout innings, three hits, two walks, and three strikeouts. The Gulls also received one shutout frame via Victor Molle (Peabody, Mass.) and Liam Burke (Westwood, Mass.) in the eighth and ninth innings, respectively.
The Gulls jumped on the board with two runs in the first inning on an RBI double from Jordan Carvalho (Rehoboth, Mass.) and a run-producing single up the middle by Kyle Brennan (Wallingford, Conn.) to take a quick 2-0 lead.
From there, the contest became a pitchers' duel until Endicott tacked on two more in the fifth, another run in the seventh, and a two-spot in the eighth to clinch the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-1 in the all-time series against Tufts.
- The Gulls have won the last four meetings.
- This is the first shutout for either team in the series.
- Wollman recorded three 1-2-3 innings, only allowed three base runners to reach scoring position, and retired eight batters in a row from the last out of the third inning up until one out in the sixth.
- Brennan finished with a 2-for-3, three RBI day at the plate. It marks Brennan's 11th multi-hit game and team-leading sixth multi-RBI contest of the season.
- Endicott is 10-4 at home this season.
- The Gulls ended Tufts' six-game winning streak today.
- This was only the second road loss of the season for the Jumbos (7-2).
- Endicott has won 20 or more games in 18 seasons in program history (20-13 in 2019).
Endicott (20-13) travels to Gordon tomorrow for a conference matchup at 3:30 PM. Tufts (21-6) visits Trinity (Conn.) on Friday, April 26 at 3 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)