STOUGHTON, Mass. – The Endicott equestrian team placed fourth overall at the Stonehill Show on Saturday evening at Winters End Farm.
Highlighting the show for the Gulls were Caitlin Laliberte (Westford, Mass.) and Amber Vuilleumier (Clinton, Conn.) who both qualified for regionals. Laliberte qualified for regionals in limit fences (second), while Vuilleumier punched her ticket to regionals in novice (sixth).
Endicott also saw Sydney Putnam (Ghent, N.Y.), Macayla Loescher (Hubbardston, Mass.), and Brittany Dupuis (Hopedale, Mass.) produce first place finishes in novice flat, pre-novice, and introductory, respectively, to round out list of individual highlights.
"Today was filled with highs and lows. We had a lot of first time riders participate today. We had a couple of tough draws but the riders continued to persevere and held their own in the ring," said Endicott equestrian head coach Bethany Jones. "We are going to train hard this week and come back strong next weekend for our doubleheader. I'm still very proud of this young and spirited team today."
OTHER SHOW HIGHLIGHTS
- Katie Denker (Woburn, Mass.) earn runner-up honors in introductory
- Abbigale Gerrish (Greenland, N.H.) came in third place in open flat.
- Helen Barrow (Swanton, Vt.) was third in intermediate flat and sixth in intermediate fences.
- In limit flat, Kathleen Bolduc (Peabody, Mass.) posted a third place finish, while Hope Forcellina (South Windsor, Conn.) came in fourth.
- Kacie Leach (Milford, N.H.) checked in at fifth place in novice flat.
Endicott will compete in the Bentley/Wheaton (Mass.) Show on Saturday, November 2 in Bolton, Mass. at the Century Mill Stables.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)