BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team (4-2, 2-0 CCC Football) will travel to the University of New England (1-3, 1-1 CCC Football) this Saturday for a conference matchup at 2 PM. Here's a preview of this week's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Saturday's matchup will be the first-ever meeting between the two programs as UNE is currently in its first varsity season as a program.
- Endicott comes into Saturday's game as one of the best red zone teams in the country, both on offense and defense. Among all NCAA Division III teams this year, The Gulls currently rank seventh out of 246 ranked teams in red zone offense (24-for-25, 96%) and 44th out of 245 ranked teams in red zone defense (.609). NOTE: The only non-converted offensive red zone attempt for the Gulls this season occurred because of a kneel down at the four-yard line against Hobart to ice the game.
- UNE ranks sixth in the conference in points per game at 20.5, while Endicott is second at 30.5.
- The Nor'easters also rank fourth in the conference in third down conversion percentage (34%), while Endicott is second (45%).
- Endicott has given up the fewest amount of points per game in the conference at 21.3 (329.0 yards per game, 1st in conference). Meanwhile, UNE ranks last in the conference at 41.0 (525.0 yards per game).
Endicott (4-2, 2-0 CCC Football) visits Becker College on Saturday, October 20 at 12 PM. UNE (1-3, 1-1 CCC Football) heads out to Western New England next Saturday at 1 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)