BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team defeated Becker College, 58-12, on Saturday afternoon in the Commonwealth Coast Football (CCC Football) opener for both squads.
Endicott received touchdowns from Riley Shanley (Simsbury, Conn.), Ryan Nelson (Mendon, Mass.), Anthony Whiteley (Pittsfield, Mass.), Dylan Bonfilio (Burlington, Mass.), Anthony Bracamonte (Saco, Maine), and Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.) in the first half alone (42-6) to run away with the victory.
Meanwhile, in the second half, the Gulls recorded a safety at 6:30 of the third quarter to go along with a two-yard TD run from Whiteley and a 22-yard touchdown scamper by Greg Ruff (Saco, Maine) to cap an exciting Homecoming & Family Weekend game in front of a packed house at Hempstead Stadium.
Defensively, Endicott held Becker under its previous three-game season average of 268 yards of total offense (226 total yards today, 71 plays 184 rushing, 42 passing). The Gulls also had 39 student-athletes get their names into the box score with at least one tackle (solo or assisted).
Leading the way on defense for Endicott was James Lewis (New Fairfield, Conn.) who posted a team-high seven tackles (two solo, 1.5 for a loss). Jackson DeAngelo (North Reading, Mass.) also shined on defense as the freshman linebacker logged four tackles (three solo, one sack, two for a loss) to go along with one forced fumble and a recovery.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott's 58-point outburst today ranks tied for 10th all-time in program history. That mark is tied with two other contests against MIT, which occurred on 11/03/12 and 11/07/09.
- Whiteley recorded his first career collegiate multi-TD game.
- Bracamonte's 59-yard punt return TD in the second quarter (8:06, 35-0 lead) ranks tied for fifth all-time in program history.
- Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) completed 23 of his 30 passes (one interception) for 255 yards and three touchdowns. Kalosky has now thrown for two or more touchdowns in 16 career games.
- As a team, Endicott compiled 428 yards of total offense. The Gulls are 2-0 this season when surpassing 400 yards of total offense.
Endicott (3-1, 1-0 CCC Football) travels to Salve Regina on Saturday, October 5 for a league matchup scheduled to kick-off at 12 PM. Becker (2-2, 0-1 CCC Football) hosts Husson University in a league contest on Homecoming Weekend next Saturday at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - Andrew Podbielski)