SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Endicott football team fell to conference rival Western New England University, 42-31, on Saturday evening at Golden Bear Stadium.
Western New England raced out to a 28-3 advantage at the half and never allowed the Gulls to come within less than 11 points of its lead in the second stanza to remain undefeated in league play at 5-0.
Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) highlighted Endicott's offense as the senior quarterback accounted for four touchdowns (two passing, two rushing) in the contest.
Meanwhile, Will Genaway (Hinsdale, Mass.) and Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.) both caught touchdowns from Kalosky and Nick DiCairano (Trumbull, Conn.) drilled home a 30-yard field goal to round out the scoring for the Gulls.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Kalosky completed a career-high 34 passes for 288 yards. His 34 completions rank fourth all-time in a single game.
- DeNike logged season-highs for catches (7) and yards (70) in today's game.
- Genaway tied his career-high for receptions (6) and also registered a career-high in yards (90).
- Tim Russell (Stoneham, Mass.) paced Endicott with a team-high 10 tackles (four solo, six assisted, 1.0 tackles for a loss). It marks the fourth time this season that Russell has had 10 or more stops in a game.
- Grayson Maddux (Park City, Utah) had five tackles, picked off one pass, and recorded one pass breakup. Maddux now has registered interceptions in back-to-back games (three this season, fourth career).
- Joseph Pagett (Newtown, Conn.) notched three tackles (two solo) and a single-game-high three pass breakups.
Endicott (6-2, 4-1 CCC Football) hosts the University of New England (UNE) on Saturday, November 9 at 12 PM. Next Saturday's game will serve as Senior Day for the Gulls. Western New England (7-1, 5-0 CCC Football) travels to Becker on Saturday, November 9 at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)