BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott football team defeated the University of New England (UNE), 49-7, on Saturday evening in conference action at Hempstead Stadium.
Prior to the game, seniors George Balian (Burlington, Mass.), Devin Bower (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.), Chris Daddio (Orange, Conn.), Zach DeNike (Old Tappan, N.J.), Nick DiCairano (Trumbull, Conn.), Dave DiMare (Reading, Mass.), Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.), Isaiah Gibbs (Teaneck, N.J.), Kha-lil Goodman (Bellmore, N.Y.), Brendan Johnson (Weare, N.H.), Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.), Devin Laube (Westhampton Beach, N.Y.), James Lewis (New Fairfield, Conn.), Tom Lorusso (Stony Brook, N.Y.), Grayson Maddux (Park City, Utah), Ryan Nelson (Mendon, Mass.), Seamus O'Donovan (Somerville, Mass.), Greg Ruff (Saco, Maine), Jesse Simoni (East Greenbush, N.Y.), Andrew Tudino (Orange, Conn.), Sean Valente (Reading, Mass.), and John P Williams (Medfield, Mass.) were all honored for their contributions towards the football program and the Endicott community.
As for the game, the Gulls raced out to a 28-0 lead at halftime and never looked back.
Ruff highlighted the scoring for Endicott in the opening stanza as the senior running back went virtually untouched straight through the heart of the Nor'easters' defense for a 76-yard touchdown dash on the second offensive play for the Gulls in the contest.
From there, Will Genaway (Hinsdale, Mass.) and Anthony Bracamonte (Saco, Maine) hauled in touchdown passes of 15 yards and 22 yards, respectively, in the first half, while Justin McEwen (Meriden, Mass.) produced a 24-yard TD catch of his own in the second to account for the remainder of Endicott's offense.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 2-0 all-time against UNE.
- The Gulls are 5-1 at home this season.
- Endicott outgained the Nor'easters 301-110 in the first half, alone.
- Ruff finished the day with a career-high 147 rushing yards on 14 attempts (10.5 avg).
- Joe Kalosky (Plymouth, Conn.) completed 23 passes on 31 attempts for 223 yards and four touchdowns (two interceptions). Kalosky has now thrown three or more touchdowns in five games this season.
- Tim Russell (Stoneham, Mass.) tied for the team-high in tackles with seven (four solo) and also recorded his first career interception at Endicott.
- Simoni tied Russell for the team-high in tackles with seven (five solo). It marks the fourth time this season Simoni has logged five or more tackles in a contest.
- Colin Kiernan (Melrose, Mass.) and Hakim Fleming (Bridgeport, Conn.) both recorded a career-high two sacks apiece.
- The Gulls registered a season-high 551 yards offensively.
Endicott (7-2, 5-1 CCC Football) travels to Nichols on Saturday, September 16 at 12 PM. UNE (3-6, 1-5 CCC Football) hosts Becker on Saturday, November 16 at 12 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)