DUDLEY, Mass. – The Endicott football team scored 25 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to defeat Nichols College, 35-7, on Saturday evening in conference action at Vendetti Field.
Endicott's 25-point fourth quarter featured a 33-yard field goal from Nick DiCairano (Trumbull, Conn.) at 12:41 and touchdowns via Anthony Bracamonte (Saco, Maine), Will Genaway (Hinsdale, Mass.), and Greg Ruff (Saco, Maine) to lock up the victory.
The Gulls also received a two-yard TD catch from Justin McEwen (Meriden, Conn.) at 4:57 of the second quarter and a 27-yard field goal via DiCairano as time expired to end the first half in the win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 15-2 in the all-time series against Nichols.
- The Gulls have now won 12 in a row versus the Bison.
- Endicott moved to 3-1 on the road this season with today's victory.
- Ruff finished the contest with 70 yards on 11 attempts (6.4 average) and registered his touchdowns in back-to-back games for the first time this season.
- DiCairano registered nine points in the contest (2 FGM, 3 XPM). He now has compiled seven or more points in eight games this year (seven straight since 9/21).
- Tim Russell (Stoneham, Mass.) paced the Gulls with a team-high 10 tackles (five solo, 0.5 sacks, 1.5 tackles for a loss). Russell has registered 10 or more tackles in five games this season.
- Michael LeFebre (Methuen, Mass.) and Allen Gibson (Seymour, Conn.) both had an interception in today's game. It marked LeFebre's third pick this season and Gibson's sixth of his career.
- Both student-athletes are tied for the team lead.
Endicott (8-2, 6-1 CCC Football) and Nichols (6-4, 4-3 CCC Football) will await the announcement of their potential postseason fates next week.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)