BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott field hockey team defeated Western New England University, 5-0, on a rainy Saturday afternoon at North Field.
Prior to the game, Endicott seniors Cameron Molinare (Simsbury, Conn.) and Maggie O'Reilly (Cheshire, Conn.) were honored for their contributions towards the field hockey program and the Endicott College community.
Meanwhile, in the first half, the Gulls wasted little time getting on the scoreboard as Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) found the back of the cage 19 seconds into the contest via a feed from Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.) to secure a 1-0 advantage.
Poulin then added a goal of her own at the 31:24 mark of the first half to make it 2-0, while Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) rounded out the scoring with a hat trick, all coming in the second stanza (37:58, 60:34, 68:03).
Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) also made two saves in goal to improve to 11-3 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- McCarthy registered her second hat trick of the season (Gordon, 10/6/18).
- McCarthy has now produced multi-point games in 13 out of 15 games this fall.
- Endicott is 20-6 all-time against Western New England.
- The Gulls have also won the last four meetings versus the Golden Bears outscoring their opponents 14-3 during that span (9/30/17 – 10/13/18).
- Endicott is now 5-1 at home this season.
Endicott (12-3, 9-0 CCC) travels to Salve Regina University on Tuesday, October 16 at 6 PM. Western New England (3-11, 3-6 CCC) visits Roger Williams University next Tuesday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace)