BEVERLY, Mass. — The No. 20 nationally ranked Endicott field hockey team defeated MIT, 3-1, on Tuesday evening at North Field.
After MIT tied the game at one-all, Olivia Lampasona (Watertown, Mass.) buried a cross-field pass in the scoring area from McCarthy to put Endicott right back in front, 2-1, just seconds later.
Meanwhile, Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.) added an insurance goal for the Gulls late in the fourth quarter at 53:54 to ice the game.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- This was Endicott's first win as a nationally ranked team in program history.
- Earlier today, the Gulls received their first-ever national ranking.
- Lampasona's goal was the first of her collegiate career.
- The Gulls have now had a freshman score their first collegiate goal in two straight games.
- Endicott goaltender Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) made three stops in net to improve to 3-0-0 on the season.
- McCarthy now has five assists in three games.
No. 20 nationally ranked Endicott (3-0) travels to No. 3 nationally ranked Tufts on Thursday, September 12 for a non-conference matchup scheduled for 5 PM. MIT (2-2) hosts Lasell University on Thursday, September 12 at 6 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)