SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Endicott field hockey team posted a 4-1 conference victory over Western New England University on Friday evening at Golden Bear Stadium.
Trailing 1-0 in the first quarter, Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.) evened up the contest for Endicott with her sixth goal of the season at the 14:52 mark.
Poulin's tally, which came just 2:58 after the Golden Bears opened the scoring in the matchup, created all the momentum the Gulls needed in the second quarter as Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) buried a feed from Poulin at 16:12 and the visitors never looked back.
Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) followed with her team-leading ninth goal of the season at 35:10 to make it 3-1. With this goal McCarthy earned her 100th career point, becoming the fastest player in program history to reach the mark.
Meanwhile, Poulin capped the scoring at 44:36 to thwart any chance of a Western New England comeback bid.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With today's victory, Endicott improved to 21-6 all-time against Western New England.
- The Gulls have won five straight in the series (9/30/17-10/4/19) and have outscored the Golden Bears 18-4 during that span.
- Endicott is now 5-2 on the road this season.
- Taylor Farrin (Danvers, Mass.) made five saves in the win. She now sits two saves shy of 300 for her career.
- Poulin finished with a season-high five points (2g, 1a) in today's victory. In her last five games, Poulin has compiled 13 points (5g, 3a).
Endicott (8-4, 5-0 CCC) hosts Gordon on Tuesday, October 8 at 4 PM. Western New England (5-5, 2-3 CCC) visits Roger Williams on Tuesday, October 8 at 6 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)