BRISTOL, R.I. – The Endicott field hockey team defeated Roger Williams, 3-1, in conference action on Saturday afternoon at Bayside Field.
The Gulls opened the scoring in the first quarter through Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) who notched her 17th goal of the season at 9:28.
Meanwhile, the third quarter was bookended by goals from both sides. The Hawks tied the game at one at 32:03, then Addi Williams (Pittsfield, Maine) put home her ninth goal of the season to give Endicott a 2-1 lead at 44:31.
Williams then added the insurance goal, scoring her second of the game and tenth of the season to give the Gulls a 3-1 lead at 45:53.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- McCarthy is now tied for fourth all-time in goals for Endicott with 46.
- Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.) assisted on both of Williams' goals.
- The Gulls clinched at least a share of the Commonwealth Coast Conference regular-season championship.
- This was Williams' second multi-goal game of the season.
- McCarthy now has points in eight straight games for the Gulls.
Endicott (14-4, 10-0 CCC) travels to Gordon on Wednesday, October 30 at 4 PM. Roger Williams (10-8, 4-6 CCC) travels to Western New England on Wednesday, October 30 for a 4 PM contest.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)