Beverly, Mass. — The No. 20 nationally ranked Endicott field hockey team downed Wilson College, 8-1, in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Wednesday night, at North Field.
Endicott then added four goals in the third quarter. Kristen McCarthy (Danvers, Mass.) scored back-to-back goals, while Jaylin Grabau (Lynnfield, Mass.) and Meaghan Hogan (Cheshire, Conn.) also secured tallies for Endicott.
Meanwhile, after Michaela Singer (Annville, Pa.) added a goal for Wilson, Natalie Anderson (Freeport, Maine.) rounded out the Gulls' scoring in the fourth quarter with her first collegiate goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- 19 wins are the most in a season in program history for Endicott.
- This was the first meeting between the two sides.
- Sydney Poulin (Watertown, Mass.), Blake Braman (Clinton Conn.), Julie Champigny (Acton, Mass.) and McCarthy all registered assists for Endicott.
- Wilson goalie Kristen Nayadley (Hampton, Va.) made 14 saves for the Phoenix.
- Autumn Irwin (Garland, Maine.) registered an assist on the Wilson goal and also had a defensive save.
- Eight goals is a record for the Gulls in NCAA Division III Tournament action.
- The Gulls finish their home slate with 10 wins at North Field.
No. 20 Endicott (19-4) will travel to Middlebury College to take on No. 9 nationally ranked Kean University in the second round of the NCAA Division III Field Hockey Tournament on Saturday, November 16 at 2 PM. Wilson sees their season end at 10-9.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)