BEVERLY, Mass. — The Endicott men's basketball team will begin its 2018-19 season on Monday, November 12 at home against Eastern Nazarene at 7 PM. Here's a preview of the upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott returns several key members to the fold in 2018-19 including one of the top scorers in all of NCAA Division III basketball, Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.). Last season, Brown ranked No. 11 in NCAA DIII in points per game (24.2) and No. 10 in total points (653). Both those figures were tops among all Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) student-athletes.
- The Gulls also bring back impact student-athletes Nick Thibeault (Gorham, Maine), Joe Shehadi (Dorset, Vt.), Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.), Jordan Pettway (Bridgeport, Conn.), Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine), Griffin Curtis (Salem, N.H.), and Mathew Catizone (Woburn, Mass.) to the lineup who all will look to return Endicott back to CCC championship glory.
- Last season, Endicott posted a 19-9 overall record and 12-6 mark in conference play. The Gulls have notched 19 or more wins - and 12 or more conference victories - in all four seasons under head coach Kevin Bettencourt. Of the seven coaches who have guided the men's basketball program, only Michael Plansky (three seasons) and Bettencourt have achieved this feat in every season that they coached.
- The Gulls bring back the majority of their 2017-18 squad that finished No. 45 in NCAA DIII in scoring offense (83.3 points per game | 416 teams ranked).
- Endicott won a program record 10 games on the road last season (10-4 overall). This year's schedule features at least 10 road contests.
GAMES TO WATCH
- at MIT (11/15/18, 7 PM, 2017-18 NCAA Tournament Sectional Semifinalist)
- at Middlebury (11/25/18, 2 PM, 2017-18 NCAA Tournament Sectional Semifinalist)
- vs. Curry (11/28/18, 5:30 PM, CCC opener)
- at Nichols (12/1/18, 6 PM, two-time defending CCC Champion) | vs. Nichols (1/22/19, 7:30 PM)
- at Gordon (1/10/19, 7:30 PM) | vs. Gordon (2/16/19, 3 PM)
(Photo Credit - Allison Moore)