BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team set three program records in its 128-79 conference victory over the University of New England (UNE) on Tuesday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Endicott established program bests in points (128), field goals made (45), and three-pointers made (24) to improve to 16-6 overall and 9-4 in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play.
Keith Brown (Pelham, N.H.) led the way with a game-high 35 points on 12-of-15 shooting from the field, which included an 8-of-11 performance from downtown and a 3-for-4 effort at the free throw line.
Matt McDevitt (Cumberland, Maine) added 23 points (8-12 FG, 6-9 3PT, 1-1 FT), nine rebounds, and three assists in the win, while Vinny Clifford (Danvers, Mass.) rounded out the double-digit scorers with 11 points.
As a team, the Gulls had 16 student-athletes find their way into the scoring column, shot 61.6% from the field, and 61.5% from beyond the arc in the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott led by as many as 51 points with 5:11 left in the matchup.
- The Gulls held the lead for 37 minutes and 38 seconds.
- Endicott improved to 25-11 all-time against UNE.
- The Gulls are 7-3 at home this season.
- The previous record for points (116), field goals made (43), and three-point field goals made (21, tied) were all set against UNE on 12/5/17.
Endicott (16-6, 9-4 CCC) travels to Roger Williams on Saturday, February 9 at 3 PM. UNE (6-17, 4-10 CCC) hosts Nichols this Saturday at 3 PM.
(Photo Credit - Talia M Bertolotti)