BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's basketball team turned away MIT, 100-64, on Wednesday evening at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Jalen Echevarria (Lynn, Mass.) guided the Gulls with 22 points (7-10 FG, 5-7 3PT, 3-4 FT), two assists, one steal, and a rebound in his collegiate debut.
Leading 21-18 with 11:20 to play in the first half, the Gulls' offense produced a 32-17 run to close out the stanza and never looked back.
Brown tallied a team-high nine points during the spurt, while Echevarria had seven to highlight the squad.
As a team, Endicott shot 60.7-percent from the field (37-for-61) and 52.9-percent (18-for-34) from beyond the arc.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Brown is now fifth all-time in scoring at Endicott with 1,482 points.
- Endicott won its second straight game against MIT (W, 90-73, 11/15/18).
- The Gulls' 18 three-pointers are tied for 10th all-time in a single-game.
- Eleven student-athletes found their way into the scoring column.
- Endicott's bench outscored MIT, 37-21, which was highlighted by Vitko and Curtis' play.
- The Gulls led by as many as 37 points with 12:56 to play in the second half.
- Tonight's game only featured two tied scores and four lead changes.
Endicott (1-0) takes on Springfield on Friday, November 15 in the Emmanuel Classic (Boston, Mass.) at 7:30 PM. MIT (0-1) hosts UMass Boston this Friday at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)