MARLBORO, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team won its fourth straight game on Saturday night as the Gulls defeated Becker College, 4-2, in Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) Northeast action at the N.E. Sports Center.
Endicott scored a pair of goals in the first and second period, respectively, to take a commanding 4-0 advantage headed into the third and never looked back.
Thomas Daniels (St. Louis, Mo.) opened up the scoring just 4:10 into the contest, while Shamus Maloney (North Attleboro, Mass.) doubled the lead at 15:25. In the second, Joseph Slovak (South Yarmouth, Mass.) buried an unassisted power play goal at 9:31 and Josh Bowes (Sturgeon County, Alberta, Canada) followed with his fourth goal of the season only 10-seconds later to put a 4-0 gap on the scoreboard.
Becker received goals from Colin Edwards (Winchester, Mass.) and Corey Schafer (Johnstown, Pa.) at 3:01 and 18:28, respectively, in the third to cut the deficit in half, but the offensive outburst came too late for the Hawks.
Endicott freshman goaltender Kevin Aldridge (Beverly Hills, Mich.) made 32 saves to improve to 4-1-2 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott has not lost in its last five games (4-0-1).
- The Gulls went 1-for-5 on the power play.
- Andrew Cross (Saugus, Mass.), Alexander Bonito (Buffalo, N.Y.), Bowes, Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.), and Maloney all tallied assists in the win.
- The assist for Cross was the first of his collegiate career.
FOR THE FOES
- Becker outshot Endicott, 34-30.
- Bryan Canter (Sparrows Point, Md.) stopped 14 shots over 30:19 in a backup role, while Tyler Stepke (Mars, Pa.) notched 12 saves.
Endicott (4-1-2, 4-1-1 ECAC Northeast) takes on Bowdoin on Saturday, November 28 on the road at 1 p.m. Becker (1-5-0, 1-4-0 ECAC Northeast) hosts Tufts on Tuesday, November 24 at 7:30 p.m.