BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Endicott men's ice hockey team saw its six-game unbeaten streak (5-0-1) end on Sunday afternoon against Colby College as the Mules earned a 5-2 victory over the Gulls at Watson Arena.
After Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.) cut Endicott's deficit to 2-1 with a tally at 11:13 of the second period, Colby received back-to-back goals from Cam MacDonald (Cumberland, Maine) and Jonathan Sdao (Niwot, Colo.) to break away from the Gulls.
Josh Bowes (Sturgeon County, Alberta, Canada) went on to make it a 4-2 contest late in the third (11:36) with his team-leading sixth goal of the season, but it wasn't enough as John Rourke (Wellesley, Mass.) buried his first marker of the season at 14:44 to lock up eventual the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott freshman goaltender Kevin Aldridge (Beverly Hills, Mich.) stopped 28 shots in the loss (5-2-2).
- Alexander Bonito (Buffalo, N.Y.) and Alex Marcinek (Byron Center, Mich.) were both credited with assists on Bowes' tally. Bonito leads the squad in assists with five this season (tied with Thomas Daniels).
FOR THE FOES
- Colby held a 33-32 advantage in shots.
- The Mules went 1-for-4 on the power play.
- Emerson Verrier (New York, N.Y.) turned away 30 shots in the win (1-2-1).
Endicott (5-2-2) hosts Stonehill College on Saturday, December 5 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena at 3 p.m. Colby (1-2-1) take on Bowdoin at home on Friday, December 4 at 7 p.m.