SALEM, Mass. – Endicott freshman forward Parker Wood (Rochester Hills, Mich.) netted his second career game-winning goal at the 12 minute mark of the third period to aid the Gulls to a 3-2 win over Salem State University on Saturday afternoon at Rockett Arena.
The Gulls held a 2-0 advantage after the first 20 minutes of action as Joseph Slovak (South Yarmouth, Mass.) and Wood scored at 4:38 and 11:34, respectively, to jump out to the two-goal margin. Slovak buried his second career goal on a feed from Josh Bowes (Sturgeon County, Alberta, Canada), while Wood found the back of the net on the power play via assists from Nicholas Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.), and Thomas Daniels (St. Louis, Mo.).
Cam Moniz (Seekonk, Mass.) cut the deficit in half in the second period on the power play at 4:34, before tying the game early on in the third at 2:41 with his sixth goal of the season.
Wood then followed with his team-leading seventh goal of the 2015-16 campaign on assists from Alex Marcinek (Byron Center, Mich.) and Petrella to claim the eventual win.
Kevin Aldridge (Beverly Hills, Mich.) stopped 29 shots in net for the Gulls to improve to 7-3-2, while Jason Pucciarelli (Newmarket, Ontario) registered 17 saves in the loss (3-3-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gulls are now 1-1 in the all-time series against Salem State.
- Wood's power play goal in the first period was the first of his career, and seventh by the team this season.
- Aldridge has started in all 12 games for the Gulls in 2015-16.
- Endicott snapped Salem State's four-game winning streak today.
FOR THE FOES
- The Vikings went 1-for-6 on the power play.
- Michael Chen (Rockville, Md.), Casey Miller (Billerica, Mass.), Daniel Campbell (Waterloo, Ontario), and Derek Makimaa (Swartz Creek, Mich.) all had assists in the loss.
- Endicott (7-3-2) will play the winner of Amherst/Babson tomorrow at a time to be determined later, while Salem State (7-4-0) will take on the loser of the Amherst/Babson matchup tomorrow, also at a time to be determined later.