BEVERLY, Mass. – Endicott freshman forward Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.) netted a pair of goals – including the game-winner – to lead the Gulls to a 5-3 comeback win over Nichols on Saturday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Trailing 3-2 entering the third, Endicott's Cam Bleck (Lake Forest, Ill.) evened the score at the 6:44 mark when he sniped a wrist shot from the right faceoff circle past Alex Larson's (Madison, Ala.) glove into the upper left corner of the net.
Olsson followed with his first career game-winning goal 3:23 later when he beat Larson blocker side on assists by Joseph Slovak (South Yarmouth, Mass.) and Thomas Daniels (St. Louis, Mo.). John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.) went on to lock up the victory with an empty net goal at 19:12 of the period.
Nichols produced a 2-0 lead midway through the first as Frank Butler (East Haven, Conn.) and Scott Cuthrell (Waterford, Mich.) scored at 11:42 and 14:10, respectively. Olsson and Bleck respond with a pair of late goals separated by just 22-seconds (18:34, 18:56) to end the first, before Butler regained the lead for the Bison at 3:10 of the second with his team-leading 11th goal of the season.
Endicott freshman goaltender Kevin Aldridge (Beverly Hills, Mich.) finished with 32 saves to earn the win (10-6-2), while Larson stopped 23 shots in the loss (11-6-0).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott tied up the all-time series at 1-1 with today's win. Nichols claimed a 3-2 (OT) victory over the Gulls in the first-ever meeting between the two programs back on November 4, 2015.
- Aldridge now has 30 or more saves in nine games this season.
- Daniels was credited with two assists giving him a team-high 10 on the season.
- Petrella also registered a pair of assists in the victory. He currently ranks second on the team in assists with nine (tied with Olsson).
- Daniels won a game-high 15 faceoffs.
FOR THE FOES
- Butler currently ranks tied for third in the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) Northeast with teammate Tyler Beasley (Indianapolis, Ind.).
- The Bison are 3-4-0 on the road this season.
- Nichols outshot Endicott, 35-28.
Endicott (10-6-2, 6-2-1 ECAC Northeast) travels to Suffolk on Wednesday, January 27 for a conference matchup at 7:40 p.m. Nichols (12-6-0, 7-2-0 ECAC Northeast) hosts Salve Regina next Wednesday at 8:10 p.m.