BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team fell to Salve Regina, 4-0, in an Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) Northeast matchup on Saturday evening at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Seahawks junior goaltender Alexander Devine (Hampton, N.H.) stopped 21 shots to record his first win and shutout of the 2015-16 campaign, while Eric Schultz (Durham, N.H.), Evan Schmidbauer (San Diego, Calif.), and Marc Biggs (Plano, Texas) all registered one goal and an assist in the road victory.
Schultz opened the scoring at the 4:09 mark of the first period, before Nicholas Owen (Methuen, Mass.) made it 2-0 at 9:59 with his fifth goal of the season. In the second, Schmidbauer increased the gap to 3-0 at 12:30 and Biggs capped the scoring at the 19:17 mark of the period.
Endicott freshman goaltender Kevin Aldridge (Beverly Hills, Mich.) turned away 40 shots in the loss (11-7-2).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Aldridge has made 30 or more saves in ten games this season.
- John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.) and Josh Bowes (Sturgeon County, Alberta, Canada) tied for the team-high in face-off wins with ten apiece.
- Endicott is 1-1-0 in the all-time series versus Salve Regina.
FOR THE FOES
- Schmidbauer led all student-athletes with a game-high 14 face-off wins.
- Junior center Jonathan Felteau (Peabody, Mass.) collected 10 face-off victories.
- Salve Regina outshot Endicott, 44-21.
- The Seahawks snapped a two-game losing skid with today's win.
- Salve Regina is 6-4-1 on the road this season.
Endicott (11-7-2, 7-3-1 ECAC Northeast) travels to Wentworth on Wednesday, February 3 for a conference matchup at 7:30 p.m. Salve Regina (11-8-1, 6-4-1 ECAC Northeast) hosts Becker in conference play next Wednesday at 7:35 p.m.