BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team will open up its 2018-19 season this Saturday at home against No. 13 nationally ranked Norwich University at 4 PM. Here's a preview of the upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott welcomes back four out of its top-5 point-getters from last season in 2018-19. That list includes Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.), Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), and Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.). Last season, Olsson registered 38 points (15g, 23a), while Kucerovy compiled 31 points (19g, 12a), and Bowes and Kalinowski both registered 29 points (14g, 15a | 9g, 20a) each.
- The Gulls are receiving 19 votes in the latest USCHO.com poll. Last year, Endicott ranked as high as No. 2 overall in both the USCHO.com and D3hockey.com polls, respectively.
- Endicott has notched 15 or more wins in its first three NCAA Division III varsity seasons dating back to 2015-16. The Gulls have also averaged nearly 20 wins (19.33) during that span.
- The Blue and Green will start off the 2018-19 season with three nationally ranked opponents out of their first four possible matchups. Those teams include No. 13 Norwich (10/27), No. 15 Nichols (11/9-10) and No. 4 Salve Regina (11/16-17).
- In three seasons at Raymond J. Bourque Arena, Endicott has compiled a 30-11-2 (.738) record at home.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- No. 13 Norwich (10/27)
- No. 15 Nichols (11/10)
- No. 4 Salve Regina (11/16)
- Amherst (12/31)
- No. 8 University of New England (2/2)