BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Nichols College, 3-1, on Saturday evening in conference action at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Meanwhile, Conor O'Brien (Pinellas Park, Fla.) stopped a game-high 31 shots – including 14 alone in the second period – to move his record to 4-1-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Simons, Johansson, and Kuchynski scored in the first (17:02), second (15:43), and third (15:57) periods, respectively. Simons and Kuchynski both potted their second goals of the season, while Johannson buried his first collegiate marker.
- Endicott went 31-for-40 in faceoffs, highlighted by Mitch Shaheen's (North Andover, Mass.) near perfect night at the dot (13-for-14).
- The Gulls are 7-4-0 all-time against Nichols.
- Endicott has won the last four meetings in the series.
- The Blue and Green improved to 2-0-0 at Raymond J. Bourque Arena with today's win.
Endicott (4-1-0, 3-1-0 CCC) travels to the University of New England on Friday, November 22 at 7 PM. Nichols (0-6-0, 0-4-0 CCC) visits Curry next Friday at 7:40 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)